Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Crunchy Granola Bars

This week we made crunchy granola bars

The results were mixed.
First off, it was an easy recipe, and I literally made granola bars!
However, I'm not sure Nature Valley should be worried...
I thought they were a little burned (but that might have been my own fault), a little dry (I was 1/4 cup short on the honey), a little boring (I only had half the needed amount of nuts), and a little overly sweet (now that was not my fault). But, they were not terrible, I might try them again with (a) the proper ingredients and (b) some additional things like maybe craisins!
Totally mixed reviews though-my sister said they almost killed there they were so sweet, O thought they were horrid (typical), my cousin was quite interested, and a new taste panel-my two older brothers totally loved them! They might be my new testers, they ate almost the entire pan and thought they were wonderful. Who would have guessed!

check out the recipe and other reviews!


1 comment:

Amanda said...

It sounds like your brothers are easy to please and need to be your permanent testers! If not, send them over here. I need some less picky people around. :)