Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Inspirational Moment

I will now post inspiring words that I find in strange places (some people have quotes of the day.  However, at the rate that I am finding these, I am not sure I can do more than a quote or two of the year).

Intelligence, then, means the capability to select the essential pieces out of a vast sea of information, and to reorganize them into a new meaningful statement called understanding.
As we go through our lives, we experience a huge number of events. Experiences themselves, however, do not make us wise. Only after reflecting upon the experience and deducing the essential message from these experiences, do we learn something from life."

From "Underneath the Bragg Peaks: Structural Analysis of Complex Materials" by T. Egami and S.J.L. Billinge.

No comments: