Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Pumpkin Spice Cheesecake

This week we made pumpkin spice cheesecake.

We tried the pumpkin cheesecake from the Cheesecake Factory and compared it to this recipe and the results... 6 out of 6 reviewers said this recipe was as good as or better than the Cheesecake Factory!!!!! Very shocking, I must say! They actually tasted really similar and the texture of ours was just as great!


Another shock-O actually tried this baked item (as in he had one tsp full....) he said "I love it, it is the spirit of Halloween on a plate" So, take that how you will. And his review is in addition to the 6 above :)

I myself LOVE cheesecake. This was a little too reminiscent of pumpkin pie for me (which I really don't care for) but it was still pretty decent. I think a plain cheesecake would have been even better.

When I removed this from the oven I thought it was a total flop, the top looked strange and the whole thing looked  a little wobbly. However, the hours and hours and hours it required to sit were apparently important-it came together just fine in the end. I really liked the crust-I used all the spices and it was great. I also loved that the recipe was super easy-it took forever to cook, then sit on the counter, then sit in the fridge, but it was actually a simple recipe and only had a few ingredients which was nice.
My mom loved this so much she wanted to freeze it and take it to Thanksgiving, however, we ate it too fast for that, I guess I'll have to make it again!

TOTAL SUCCESS! You'll want to try this one for sure!
see Amanda's blog for the recipe:  http://www.girlplusfood.net/2012/11/bake-52-spiced-pumpkin-cheesecake.html

and ps: Amanda said it was even better the next day-I did not try mine until day 2 but maybe it needs time to sit.

check out other reviews here:




1 comment:

Amanda said...

I love that you compared! Last night Clare ate some and said, "You should sell this recipe to the Cheesecake Factory." Haha, it's not mine. I am glad you guys liked this one and that O tried it. That's exciting by itself right? Thanks for baking this week!