Thursday, June 25, 2009

My Identity was stolen on a Thursday

Interestingly enough, after a false alarm identity theft on a Tuesday, I really was an actual victim of identity theft on a Thursday.  It all started in Canada....

And it ended there too, thanks to the vigilantes at the bank.  They contacted F when my credit card, (which I can testify was in my wallet throughout the whole sordid affair), was used at all sorts of establishments (places you would never let a child enter).  Fortunately, F took care of everything and now I can rest assured that, for the time being at least, I am the only me.

Additionally, I have learned how to put pics on a blog

5 comments:

krista said...

That has happened to me before and it is pretty scary how someone can just use your credit card number without ever having your credit card. It is a good thing that F took care of it for you.

krista said...

Also, I am excited for some pictures.

furrever said...

So where are the pics then?

Glad to hear you got your identity back. There can only be one Bet- er, Secret Reader.

Kristy said...

What is this story all about? I don't think I heard about it. I am glad you got everything figured out. Once the bank called F and told them they were pretty sure that my credit card had been stolen, and someone was spending wildly in Las Vegas. Can you imagine who that was? How was I to know that they kept such good track of credit card spending?

Unknown said...

He must have reported your stolen credit card to the bank to protect you from identity theft. After filing a report, the bank will close your account and open a new one. It will, then, issue you a credit card with a new number. I suggest you monitor your credit report on a regular basis to make sure that your identity is not stolen in the future.

Annie Valdez