Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Working out how to work out.

Well, Days 2 and 3 of "Working Out" are not going particularly well.

First, I had to substitute Day 2's workout with some stretching, followed by a submersion in sizzling water. I was forced to take the elevator at work because I could not maneuver the stairs and I had quite a time running to my car through the rain-uncannily like Frankenstein. Eventually I stopped running because a) I was rather tipsy on my post-squat legs and b) in my condition, walking was just as fast.

Today is day 3 and I'm still jerking around like a marionette. Judging by the fact that I could barely get my shoes on this morning and am still using the handicapped bathroom (that assistance bar is crucial when you cannot use your quads), I think today's workout will be less than cardio intensive.

It would appear that my attempts to get in shape have been quite detrimental to my overall well-being. In fact, I've been less capable of a healthy life-style since I began working out than ever before.

1 comment:

Kristy said...

Good luck. I know it will pay off for you. Just think how proud you will be when you are in fantastic shape!